Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie Recipe | Tara Stiles Eats
Want a healthy and delicious treat? Tara Stiles’ strawberry shortcake smoothie gives you a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweets craving! Enjoy this refreshing smoothie as a snack or dessert; it’s like strawberry shortcake in a glass!
“It’s so good, it tastes like cake; and it’s healthy, and you can have it all the time!”
- rolled oats
- a cup of cashews
- a cup of almond milk
- two spoons of maple syrup
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- a bit of vanilla extract
Honey mustard crusted chicken with potato skins w/ garlic dill sauce
I love this recipe because it’s a healthy alternative to fried chicken and potato skins! Still all the crunch but in a healthier way! Here’s how to make it:
Honey Mustard Crusted Chicken (7p+)
- 1/3 cup light honey mustard dressing
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup cornflakes (plain)
- 1 chicken breast (4 or 8 oz) [I used 4, but I coked a 7oz breast and cut in half after it was done]
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill and scallions; remove about 1/4 of a cup
- Place corn flake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into dressing mixture, then corn flake crumbs. Place into shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until chicken is golden and no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Dip or drizzle the remaining dressing with the chicken, and enjoy :)
Potato Skins: (4p+)
- 1 medium potato
- 1/4 cup fresh salsas
- 1/4 cup light shredded cheese
- 1/2 of a green onion
- Scoop out the potato and leave about 1/2 inch to 1 inch. Put all your ingredients on top and bake until the cheese melts. I pre-cook my potatos in the microwave for 5 minutes.
Garlic Dill Sauce (3p+)
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/8 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 tsp garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let it chill for 15 minutes or overnight; the longer it chills the better it tastes!
Home made #chicken parm for #lunch !! So easy and delish
- 1 chicken breast (4oz or 6oz, up to you)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 30oz light cheese (your choice)
- 1 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup of your favourite sauce
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup romaine or any other mixed lettuce you have
- Shredded Carrots
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1tbsp light italian dressing
- Preheat a pan with
- pound your chicken breast thin and coat with the egg whites!
- bread chicken lightly in the mixture
- Place the chicken in the heated pan and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until it isn’t pink in the middle anymore
- Take chicken out of pan and place it in the oven in a pan with the tomato sauce of your choice, sprinkle cheese on top at this point too and pop it in the oven
- mix your salad
- Once cheese is melted, take out and enjoy :)
it’s a 8 p+ meal for all ya’ll on weight watchers, including the salad !
Homemade cheese enchilada #yummy #dinner
- 3oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed and excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- chopped green onions (i used 1 stalk)
- 1 medium whole wheat tortilla
- 30-45g cheese (your choice, I used old cheddar)
- fresh salsa (or low-fat canned salsa)
- fat free sour cream, or plain greek yogurt
- cooking spray (pam or something similar)
- tin foil
- preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a pan with cooking spray!
- add spinach, ricotta, onion powder, green onions and half the cheese to a bowl and mix together. put it in the middle of the tortilla and roll it up! after this is done, place the enchilada on the pan and cover it with the rest of the cheese and a spoonful of salsa.
- Cover the enchilada with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5-10 minutes longer!
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, and enjoy!
Home made broccoli and cheddar soup
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 cup minced cooking onion
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 30g old cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese is your favourite)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Boil a pot of water and cook broccoli (approx 5 mins or so)
- Mince onions and put it in a pot or pan with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Cook until golden. Once this happens, add 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- After about a minute or so, add 1 cup of chicken broth and let it simmer. Once that happens, add the broccoli and cheddar, let that simmer and remove from the heat.
- Put the soup in the blender, magic bullet, etc and blend until smooth. It should still be hot enough to enjoy right away, but if not pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds!
You can add other veggies too, its a super easy recipe and takes about 20 minutes total to make!
Going to try!
not sure what it’s gonna taste like but i’ll try it out! :)
Slow cooker turkey chili for lunch !!
- 1lb lean turkey ground
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 medium sized onion minced
- 2 large carrots chopped
- half a red pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic
- a dash of hot sauce
- 30oz cheese to garnish
- prepare the veggies and set them aside. Put the turkey into a slow cooker and split it all up.
- add onions, carrots, and peppers (other veggies too if you decide to use them) and mix it in with the turkey
- add all your canned tomatoes and tomato paste, and the dash of hot sauce. Leave it in the slow cooker for about 6 hours, stirring every hour or so. You can add more or less to it, super versatile!
- 1 serving is 1.5 cups :)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1/2 cup tomatos
- 1/4 cup cheese (optional)
- spray the pan with cooking spray
- cook your onions until they are golden, then add the tomatos and cook for another 30 secs-1 min
- Add your eggs into the pan and scramble (or make an omelette)
Enjoy :) Quick and easy breakfast option!
1 whole wheat pita
1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 sliced tomato (your choice)
3oz chopped spinach (fresh or frozen works)
1/3 cup light feta cheese
1/2 tbsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a pan with Pam or other olive oil spray to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Rub a tiny amount (maybe a teaspoon) of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) onto the pita.
- In a bowl take your ricotta cheese and garlic powder and mix it together, and spread all over the pita, leaving about 1/2-1 inch on the edge of the crust.
- Take your chopped spinach and spread evenly over the pita. Then top it off with tomatos and feta!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like your pita pizza.
There are a ton of options for this, any veggies would work. Next time I will add a little bit of fresh garlic and maybe some cayenne or hot sauce just to kick it up a little. It’s delicious !
Clean Eating Cookie Dough Bars by Muffin Topless
- 15 Organic Dates (10 oz)
- 6-8 TB Sugar Free Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 4 TB Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Scoop Casein Protein Powder (I used Chocolate)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Could sub for cacao nibs)
Remove pits from the dates. Blend dates and peanut butter in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add in protein powder and milk (add a tablespoon at a time so you don’t make the mixture too wet). Add chocolate chips in at the very end, or you can fold in after to avoid chopping them up too finely. On a flat plate or cookie sheet, shape the dough into bar form and stick in the freezer for an hour. Remove after an hour and cut into serving size bars. (This is up to you, the size you choose will determine the macros for each bar). Wrap individually in tin foil or plastic wrap. I stored mine in the freezer as I like them really firm, but they would also store well in the refrigerator!
Recipe Found Here: http://muffin-topless.com/2013/02/24/clean-eating-cookie-dough-bars/